- 2/3 cup oats
- 1 cup almond milk (or other)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- (1 teaspoon of honey to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1tablespoon chopped walnuts
- banana, blueberries, flaxseeds, coconut sugar, honey and peanut butter to serve (optional)
Add milk, finely grated carrots, and honey into a medium pot. Turn on stove to high heat and bring to a boil.
Once milk is boiling, stir in oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, vanilla, and walnuts.
Reduce heat (medium-low) and simmer the oats for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
Stir until oats are creamy and consistency desired is reached.
Serve and add desired toppings like more walnuts, flaxseeds, or fruit.