1 1/2 cup pitted dates (chopped finely)
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1 cup boiling water
80ml maple syrup or 1/3 cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
80ml olive oil
1 1/2 cups gluten free self raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 egg lightly whisked
1 can coconut cream
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Line a 1 litre baking dish with baking paper.
Combine the dates and bicarbonate of soda in a medium heatproof bowl.
2. Pour over the boiling water. Stir well. Set aside, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes to soften.
3. Add the maple syrup, oil and vanilla extract to the date mixture. Whisk together the flour, baking powder and ginger in a large bowl. Add the date mixture and egg. Stir to combine.
4. Pour into the prepared dish, smoothing the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly pressed.
5. Meanwhile, for the caramel sauce, combine the coconut milk, coconut sugar and maple syrup in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until thickened.
6. Serve the pudding topped with dairy free PANA ice-cream and drizzled with caramel sauce.